weather: 2c, mostly cloudy - but we had a lovely pink sunrise that i didn't get to see..
mental state: depressed and evil for like the entire month, cried lots. but we move B)
ramblings:
January was trash. An evil, vile, terrible month. Fuck ICE and anyone who thinks that sort of thing is okay. This world is insane.
I have higher hopes for February. Hopes for an early spring as well. Last week we got down to -40c NOT counting windchill!!!! fucking cold.
I don't really have much to say lately. I'm tired and sort of overwhelmed by everything in my life right now. I have a lot of things I want to do, and a lot of things that I need to do. None of these align.
I'm thinking I might do a monthly recap post for myself, keep an open draft and add things when I feel like it, publishing at the end of the month. Maybe like a little monthly newsletter for myself. I tried and thought about doing this on my substack (that I won't name here because I don't even use it, like ever), but I was scared of being perceived, and it felt like I had to try and be so intelligent and well-read because everyone on substack is of course. So I didn't continue that! But here I think I will. It feels more safe and not many people, if any, will even find this.
As for my goals from my previous post, I have been going out more in the evenings and doing more spontaneous things. Even when I'm feeling vile and evil and feral, it's still always a good time, and I feel better afterwards. Who could've thought!
HEAR YE! HEAR YE! Spending time with friends and people you love makes you happier!!!!!
album of the month: Shhugar - Baby Nova
I've been listening to Baby Nova since she released her first single, and now that her debut album is finally out I've had this thing on repeat. Every song is so good and feels smooth on the ears. Immediately added to my playlist "albums that will never get old" because it won't. With the release of her album Shhugar she's amassed over 700,000 monthly listeners on spotify and she deserves it. Seriously give it a listen. Some songs remind me of Lana Del Rey and yet they stand completely on their own as well.
what I've cooked this month:
I tried out making chia puddings and I really like them!! I think the best flavor I've tried was PBJ. Too good. I make mine with plain greek yogurt and add flavors into it. I need to buy more seeds and yogurt and make some more, they are a really nice and easy breakfast.
We made a lot of pasta/noodle dishes in January, it was really hard getting back into the flow of cooking for myself and my fiancé everyday after 2 weeks of scrounging and holiday meals. The highlight was definitely the spicy carrot rigatoni, we used Hailee Catalano's new cookbook! Really recommend it so far, we've tried a couple different recipes and they were all really good.
No comments:
Post a Comment